We care deeply about the safety of our members and their guests and are committed to taking appropriate precautions designed to promote the health and wellness of our event attendees. The Natural Start Alliance is a project of the North American Association for Environmental Education (NAAEE), and we follow NAAEE’s health and safety protocols for our staff and in-person events. The responsibility for safe and healthy in-person NAAEE event environments is shared among NAAEE, the event venues and vendors, and our attendees.
NAAEE will implement the specific health and safety protocols appropriate to the public health circumstances existing at the time of the applicable in-person event. NAAEE will continue to monitor COVID-19 guidance from the CDC and other relevant public health authorities, and adjust these measures in the future, as needed, and communicate updated guidelines to attendees on an ongoing basis.
Attendees must agree to follow any COVID-related or other health and safety protocols in place at our events (issued by NAAEE, the event space, or public health authorities) as a condition of admission. Attendees who refuse to abide by NAAEE’s published safety measures and precautions may be asked to leave the event and their registration will be canceled, without refund.
At this time, NAAEE is preparing the following measures to reduce the risk of COVID-19 transmission and illness of everyone attending the Nature-Based Early Learning Conference:
- Attendees must show proof of full vaccination, which may include their physical COVID-19 vaccine card, a photo of their vaccination card, or a similar electronic vaccine record, before being allowed to enter the event. Alternatively, an attendee may provide a negative COVID-19 test result taken within 48 hours prior to the event. NAAEE will provide a limited number of rapid tests near the registration area for a small fee for individuals who have forgotten their proof of vaccination or proof of a negative test.
- NAAEE recommends masking in public indoor settings (except while actively eating or drinking) even if fully vaccinated. NAAEE will ask attendees to bring their own masks and will have masks available for all event attendees.
- Attendees should follow good hygiene practices, including washing hands frequently, using hand sanitizer, discouraging greeting others with physical contact (for example, handshakes), and maintaining physical distancing when possible.
- Attendees should monitor their daily health prior to entering the event facilities and should stay home or isolate themselves, and seek medical attention, if they have tested positive for COVID-19, are waiting for COVID-19 test results, have COVID-19 symptoms, or if they have had close contact with a person who has tested positive for or who has symptoms of COVID-19.
- Attendees should not attend any event meetings or receptions and should immediately notify NAAEE should they test positive for COVID-19 during the conference or develop or exhibit symptoms of COVID-19.
- Attendees are encouraged to follow CDC guidance for traveling during the pandemic and to follow all state and local requirements and recommendations related to travel.
- NAAEE cannot guarantee that attendees will not be exposed to or contract COVID-19 while attending the event, and that by attending they may be exposing or increasing their risk of contracting or spreading COVID-19.